Friday, February 5, 2010

I'm Not Gonna Lie

As usual, I was inspired by cakies this morning to try to make some thumbprint hearts with the kiddos. Here is how Levi's turned out (mainly because he poked the paper with his finger a few times and then went off to play with his airplanes).


Eden decided to do something a little different. I'm not gonna lie, I actually got a little frustrated! I wanted thumbprint hearts, not red and pink "abstract" art (as Eden likes to call her finger paintings). I was allowing my plan to get in the way of her plan. Which, when it comes to art, really defeats the purpose, don't ya think? Sheesh, Heather. Lighten up!

One of the things that I love most about Eden (although at times it is challenging) is her strong will and independent spirit! She marches to her own drum! Who am I to get in her way?

So another "abstract" piece it is! Thank you for your beautiful masterpiece and the parenting lesson, Eden! Because of you our love can grow and grow!

No comments: