
The much needed rain we received this week brought us an unexpected gift this morning. Eden and Levi went out to play in the back yard and came across the biggest worm I have seen in quite some time. The kids were so excited and I am not exaggerating when I say that they watched that little guy wiggle across the yard for a good 30 minutes. They touched him lightly on the back and watched him do "his tricks" which included forward rolls and an exceptional back flip, they pretended to be completely grossed out by the trail of slime he was leaving on the grass behind him and eventually they even worked up the nerve to pick him up on a flower stem for a closer look. A little worm as playful and fun as that one, could not go nameless. So, Eden thought Flower-Flower was the perfect name for our slimy friend. Thank you, Flower-Flower for 30 minutes of fascination and fun. We won't forget you!
Today's Tiny Treasure: I love how Eden gives everything two names. The worm couldn't just be Flower. He had to be Flower-Flower. She does this with her stuffed animals as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment