Saturday, February 28, 2009

Call Me Crazy

If you can believe it, today was the first time Eden and Levi watched an entire episode of Sesame Street. It's not because I don't let them watch TV. We have been big Disney Playhouse fans for many years. But, for some reason I never turned on Sesame Street.

I think in my days before kids I was a bit turned off by the crazy mob of parents at the Toys R Us - in search of the last of two Tickle Me Elmo dolls in the entire universe. From that point on I drew a correlation between crazy parents and Elmo. And who wants to be a crazy parent, right? (Although I am learning that you can't really have one without the other.)

But as the three of us sat on the couch this afternoon and watched a show that was brought to us by the letter "R" and the number 12, Sesame Street won me over again. I say again because I'm pretty sure I once loved the show. Even today, after a near 25 year absence, I knew all the words to the theme song, giggled at the Cookie Monster and got really excited when Ernie sang about his Rubber Ducky. What can I say, it was a sunny day. Everything's A-OK!

Today's Tiny Treasures: Levi's Cookie Monster impersonation and Eden's cute little voice singing, "Can you tell me how to go to Sesame Street?"

No comments: